Drink No Evil
We’ve magically combined all these ingredients to bring you a drink that tastes good and is good for the land, good for the people who grow the ingredients and as good for you as a fizzy drink can be.
May 1st 2015
It all starts with these nuts. They are both the karma and the cola in Karma Cola. They are harvested from the Gola Rainforest surrounding the Boma and Tiwai communities in Sierra Leone where cola is still used everyday. Cola is a food, a medicine and a symbol of friendship at the centre of West African life.
It is used for health and wellbeing, ceremonies and rituals and for giving you a boost, like coffee. The people in these communities benefit directly from the sale of every bottle of Karma Cola.
1. Fairtrade organic cane sugar from the Suminter Organic Farmers Consortium in Maharashtra India.
2. Organic Femminello lemon juice concentrate from Sicily.
3. Fairtrade organic vanilla extracted from vanilla pods grown and dried in the rainforest in Matale in the highlands of Sri Lanka.
4. Nutmeg oil extracted from ground nutmeg.
5. Coriander oil extracted from coriander seeds.
6. Cinnamon oil from cinnamon bark.
7. Nutmeg and cinnamon are spices grown in tropical rainforests like the vanilla we source from Sri Lanka.
8. Organic barley grain from Germany which is malted to make the extract that gives Karma Cola its depth of colour and flavour.
9. Lemon oil.
10. Lime oil.
11. Orange oil. All the citrus oils are wrung from the rind, skin and zest of the fruit to add a zing to Karma Cola’s finish.
12. Bottle – 100% glass made of sand and completely recyclable.
13. Water & bubbles.
14. Cap to keep it all in.
15. Back label with all the important information to show we have nothing to hide.
16. Front label featuring Mami Wata the river spirit who protects the people in Boma where our cola comes from. She’s an angel and a rascal.