Karma Cola Australian Sales & Marketing Manager
We’re on the hunt for a super motivated and focused Sales and Marketing Manager to help us build our brand in Australia, and deliver our range of lip-smackingly good Fairtrade organic fizz alongside our partners, Soulfresh.
March 8th 2016
Karma Cola is the world’s fairest organic soft drink. We’ve made a promise to be good for growers, good for the land and as good for our customers as fizzy drinks can be and we’re working on becoming the world’s most popular brand of ethical cola.
This is a fantastic time for us in Australia. We’ve just engaged in a partnership with indie distributors Soulfresh, and there’s lots of opportunity for growth. We are looking for somebody to head this new partnership and make sure Karma Cola is well represented across all states in Australia.
Founders, Chris and Matt Morrison and Simon Coley started the business in 2012 in New Zealand. Their motivation was to produce an organic soft drink using Fairtrade ingredients and to give back to the original growers of cola in Africa. To create the real ‘real thing’. Despite the world drinking approximately 1.9 billion colas a day, the original African growers received nothing. Karma Cola’s doing something about that and sends back 5 cents from every bottle sold to cola farmers in Sierra Leone.
Four years down the track the Karma Cola Foundation has made a significant contribution to 8 villages in Sierra Leone, donating over USD75,000. Making a difference to the lives of cola farmers is what drives our business.
Our drinks are sold in over 3000 of the best cafes, coffee shops, restaurants and bars around the world. The range is also available in selected retailers and organic independent grocers. The Karma Cola range includes Gingerella Ginger Ale, Lemmy Lemonade, and five sparkling fruit flavour bombs.
Is it you we’re looking for?
We’re looking for a bright, energetic Sales and Marketing Manager to represent Karma Cola in Australia, grow sales through our existing accounts, develop fantastic account relationships, find and deliver new opportunities and manage our consumer and trade marketing.
To be our ideal candidate you’ll have experience in growing and managing a sales pipeline for existing business and prospective opportunities. You’ll also be great at managing a team to realise opportunities all the way through to the first orders and ongoing loyal business.
Your primary responsibility will be ensuring we meet our sales targets by working alongside our distributors’ sales teams. This will involve participation in internal weekly sales calls, managing the day-to-day requirements and troubleshooting for the sales teams.
You’ll work from the office of our Australian Distributor, Soulfresh in Melbourne alongside (virtually) our Founder and Australian Country Manager, Chris Morrison and Marketing Manager, Angela Barnett who are both based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Depending on your situation we would consider locating you in Sydney, however we believe the role will be better served from Soulfresh head office in Melbourne.
As Karma Cola’s Sales and Marketing Manager in Australia your other responsibilities will be:
- The Karma Cola brand – ensuring the Soulfresh sales team we work with represent Karma Cola and tell our story effectively in the cafes, restaurants, bars, independent grocers and any other outlets our drinks are sold
- Events – seeking out, organising and executing events, trade shows and marketing activities to engage and grow our following and activate sales
- Media – establishing relationships with press, media, bloggers and key influencers
- Sales Collateral – managing our point of sales and ensuring sales reps have everything they need to represent and sell Karma Cola and friends
- Social Media – running the Australian Instagram account, uploading photos and taking direction from Karma Cola’s marketing team
You’ll be able to manage your own time to get the best results for the team. As we’re a small team we’ll be relying on you to be conscientious, collaborative and help us continue to learn from our collective experience, delivering more together than we can apart.
The nitty gritty.
As Sales and Marketing Manager you’ll need to have:
- 2 years + experience running a sales team and key account management
- A genuine passion for Karma Cola
- Ensuring Karma Cola has a strong presence in Australia’s top cafe´s, restaurants and premium grocery
- Great verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Be a team player
- Good knowledge of social media
- Experience running events really well
- It’s not essential but an interest in premium food and drinks, hospitality, organics and sustainability is helpful
- A good understanding of the opportunities available for Karma Cola and the sales channels where we can make a real difference
Title: Sales & Marketing Manager
Location: Melbourne / Sydney
Reports to: Chris Morrison, Karma Cola Founder and Australia Country Manager and Angela Barnett, Karma Cola Australia Marketing Manager
Package: $60,000 – $70,000
Please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com by June 5th 2016.