Join The Good Guys & Girls At Karma Cola - Melbourne Sales Ambassador
We're looking for a switched on, street smart sales person to join the Karma Cola team and run Melbourne.
November 7th 2016
Karma Cola is the world’s fairest organic soft drink. We’ve made a promise to be good for growers, good for the land and as good for our customers as fizzy drinks can be and we’re working on becoming the world’s most popular ethical cola.
Our drinks are sold in over 3000 of the best cafes, coffee shops, restaurants and bars around the world, and selected retailers and indie grocers.
We're looking for somebody to help us deliver our promise in Melbourne. This is a fantastic time for us in Australia. Our indie distributors, Soulfresh, are helping us grow across five states. The Karma Cola range also includes Gingerella Ginger Ale, Lemmy Lemonade, five sparkling fruit flavour bombs and two Dry sparkling drinks, with no added sugar. We are looking for somebody to make sure Karma Cola is well represented in VIC.
Is it you we’re looking for?
We’re looking for a bright, energetic person with sales experience and street smarts to help us grow sales through our existing accounts, develop fantastic account relationships, find and deliver new opportunities and manage our trade marketing.
To be our ideal candidate you’ll have experience in growing and managing a sales pipeline for existing business and prospective opportunities. You’ll be self motivated, happy to work independently, and also able to work with a team to realise opportunities all the way through to the first orders and ongoing loyal business.
Your primary responsibility will be ensuring we meet our sales targets by working alongside our distributors’ sales teams in VIC. This will involve participation in internal weekly sales calls, managing the day-to-day requirements and planning and troubleshooting for the sales teams.
You’ll work from the office of our Australian Distributor, Soulfresh in Melbourne alongside (virtually) our Founder and Australian Country Manager, Chris Morrison and Marketing Manager, Angela who are both based in Auckland, New Zealand.
As Karma Cola’s Sales Ambassador your responsibilities will be:
- Sales Activation – seeking out new business opportunities, bringing them on board.
- The Karma Cola brand – ensuring the Karma Cola story is being told effectively getting us into the best cafes, restaurants, bars, independent grocers and any other outlets fizzy drinks are sold in Melbourne and wider VIC.
- Relationship Building – establishing and maintaining relationships with existing accounts.
- Team Building – working closely with the Soulfresh sales team, making sure they have systems in place to get Karma Cola into the best outlets. Also working with the Sydney Karma Cola Ambassador.
- Trade Marketing – manage and execute distribution of marketing material, POS. Working closely with the New Zealand marketing team for consumer marketing/messages.
- Social Media, PR & Events – contributing to the Australian Instagram account with photos and occasionally organizing sponsorship of local events, making sure drinks get there and Karma Cola is well represented. Helping our PR person if they need stock.
You’ll be able to manage your own time to get the best results for the team. As we’re a small team we’ll be relying on you to be conscientious, collaborative and help us continue to learn from our collective experience, delivering more together than we can apart.
The nitty gritty.
As Sales and Marketing Manager you’ll need to have:
- 2 years + experience in sales team and key account management
- A genuine passion for Karma Cola
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Great verbal, written communication and negotiation skills
- Be a team player
- Good knowledge of social media and IT literate
- Experience running events or if not experience then confidence to do so
- An interest in premium food and drinks, and the Melbourne hospitality scene.
- A good understanding of the opportunities available for Karma Cola and the sales channels where we can make a real difference
Title: Australian Sales Ambassador
Reports to: Chris Morrison, Karma Cola Founder
Salary: $50 - $60,000
Please email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 17th 2016